Motion by Councillor Arthur - Dynamic Pricing on EV Charging
1. Welcomes the recent progress the Council has made in expanding its EV charging network.
2. Notes that whilst the administration aims to reduce car use by 30%, it also wants as many of the remaining journeys as possible to be zero-emission and public EV charging is a key part of this.
3. Notes that electricity costs are becoming increasingly volatile, and the established price setting process used by the Council does not allow it to respond quickly to changes.
4. Agrees that no later than the spring 2023 EV Action Plan Update a proposal should be presented for approval to the Transport & Environment Committee which allows the charging structure to be rapidly adjusted on an ongoing basis to reflect market pressures.
5. Agrees that the charging structure should ensure that the operation of this service does not draw on Council resources.”