In this section you can access a wide range of information and documents relating to the council’s decision making processes and find out about forthcoming Council meetings.
Political Management Arrangements Update
Please note that, in terms of official Council committee business, the Policy and Sustainability Committee agreed on 6 August 2020:
1) That the Policy and Sustainability Committee would meet monthly between September and December 2020 and its remit would revert back to pre-Covid 19 on 1 September 2020 but with the addition of decision making and scrutiny of the Adaptation and Renewal Programme.
2) That the Finance and Resources Committee and all other committees (as set out in Committee Terms of Reference and Delegated Functions) except for the executive committees could meet from 7 August 2020.
3) That all other executive committees could meet from 1 September 2020.
4) That the Governance, Risk and Best Value Committee remit would revert to pre-Covid 19 on 1 September 2020.
5) To delegate authority to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Regulatory Committee Convener, Vice-Convener and group spokespersons, to agree an appropriate and safe time to reinstate the Licensing Sub-Committee and that all members of Licencing Sub-Committee be issued with relevant papers for review and comment prior to decisions being made
6) That meetings would be held virtually until 31 December 2020 and the situation would be reviewed alongside the political management arrangements in December 2020.
7) That a revised interim Procedural Standing Orders would be presented to Council in August 2020.
8) To request a briefing in September clarifying the process for a possible phased reduction in Committee activity, as described in 4.9 of the report by the Chief Executive. This briefing should make clear to Committee how any decisions would be taken, who would take those decisions, and under what circumstances.
You can find the agendas, minutes and officer reports of previous meetings and dates of future meetings in Council and committee meetings.
To view documents in pdf format you will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
We are committed to providing you with an open and visible decision-making process. At many Council meetings we make decisions on issues which touch on local and city-wide concerns. Our webcasts allow you to see how we reach these decisions, without having to attend in person. Watch council debates online on the Council's webcast site.
The City of Edinburgh Council operates under a set of documents that govern and guide the decisions made by the Council and its officers and ensures that robust, clear and accountable organisational frameworks are in place. These are available for download from the Governance Document Library.
The Council's interactive map can be used to find out your ward and councillor.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0131 529 4313/ 4010